Sunday, April 12, 2015

Summer Vacation - I'm Moving to Danville!


That's it, I'm moving to Danville. I want my 104 days of summer vacation! (**See video at the end of this post for reference.) When we visited Disney this year, we rode the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train kid coaster at the Magic Kingdom. I realized while we were in line that it had been so long since Luke watched Snow White that he didn't remember much at all about it. I've been working on a list of things to do with Luke this summer, so I thought a "Disney movie refresher" might be a good plan.

I decided to make a list of all of the movies - Disney or not, animated or not - that are in Luke's cabinet. I used the above pictures (plus a couple of others not shown) as reference. I was astounded by the final count: there are 80!!! And that's *not* including any of his TV shows or movies that live in the "regular" cabinet (like Star Wars and Harry Potter). Holy cow! Even watching one movie every day starting the first Saturday after he gets out and ending the Sunday before school starts back in August, we could not watch all of the movies in a single summer; we only get 79 days. Heck, watching one a week, we couldn't get through all of them in a year!

Are we a big family of movie nerds or what?! LOL And I love it! We'll start with the ones I know we haven't seen in a while (Aladdin, Cinderella, The Emperor's New Groove, The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh), and we'll definitely cover the ones I don't think he's ever seen (like Dumbo and The Jungle Book). And did you notice? Snow White isn't even in the pictures! I can't seem to find our copy. Either it's misfiled in the regular cabinet, or I'll have to go spelunking for it in the basement. Wish me luck!

**For those wondering where Danville is and/or what it has to do with anything, it's where Phineas and Ferb live (pay attention to the first few lines of the theme song):


Currently feeling: ready to roll film

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!