Thursday, September 30, 2004

No Baby, No Induction Scheduled (Yet)

I know you are all anxious for news, but there really is none. I had my appointment today. My blood pressure is up slightly, but nothing to be alarmed about. My weight is up just under two pounds, but I know at least half of that is in my feet! Since my hands and face aren't puffy, again there is no great concern. Urine still shows only trace protein, so no worries there.

As far as progress, there has been, and I quote, "nadda." No dilation, no effacement, nothing. Consequently, since no other factors are mandating it, there will be no induction, at least not yet. I will be seen again on Monday, where my progress (or lack there of) will be checked again. They will also do a non-stress test to make sure that the baby is still happy and healthy. If I have made progress, we will discuss induction for sometime next week, perhaps Wednesday. If not, I'll probably be seen back later in the week (I'd guess early Thursday). With all the other factors (possible pre-eclampsia, baby size, etc.), they certainly don't want me to go much more than a week overdue, so if they don't decide to induce next week, it will be the following week for sure, dilation or no. All of this, of course, assumes that Baby G doesn't decide to make his own plans.

So, that's all there is for now. I am almost completely over the bronchitis (I'd say 85-90%). I'm not too uncomfortable (assuming baby isn't using me for a punching bag; see below). I am getting quite tired more often; I go through spells of pretty good energy and exhaustion. But all in all, everything is fine. And the baby's room is all done! Missing a couple of decorative touches, but all of the necessary stuff is in there. Check out my webshots album of the Baby's Room if you would like to see.

Thank you all for your love and support. Just a few more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!