Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Worth the wait

I have literally been waiting years for this, and it has *finally* happened. I was starting to wonder if this day would ever come. Seriously, it's been at least 5 years, and I'm thinking closer to 7-8, but I'll have to check. After all that build-up, I'm sure you are expecting something lofty, but alas, no. It is something small and simple, but something that I formerly derived great pleasure from, and I was crushed when it disappeared. And now, it's back! Drumroll please...... Cracker Barrel's Peanut Butter Pie!

Okay, admit it, how many of you rolled your eyes? Clearly, those of you who either don't like (or can't eat) peanut butter, or those of you who have never had it. I assure you, those folks who have had it but didn't know it was back and who just read that line are dancing for joy right now. I know I was when I picked up the new dessert menu. We went to Cracker Barrel Saturday night for dinner, and I noticed that the dessert menu had changed. Now, I was excited that they are again featuring their Coca-Cola Chocolate Cake, which is fabulous BTW. Then, I don't know what made me do it, but I flipped the menu over. And I literally squealed with delight; staring right back at me was Peanut Butter Pie. If you haven't had it, go out right this minute and get a piece. I cannot even begin to describe its phenomenal nature to you (but I'll try). It has an Oreo cookie (no filling) crust, it is dense with super-creamy peanut butter filling with chocolate shavings mixed in, and it comes topped with whipped cream. I am literally salivating right now just thinking about it. I was afraid, since it had been so long, that perhaps I had built it up in my mind, remembering it as being better than it really was. I was so afraid I would be disappointed. OMG, nope. It was heaven on a plate! I don't even mind if it is a seasonal item and they take it off the menu periodically. I'm sure that would be significantly better for my waistline. As long as they bring it back again at some point every year, I'll be happy!

Honey, I think we should eat at Cracker Barrel for dinner tomorrow.... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!