Monday, July 18, 2005

The Hundred Acre Wood in the sky

So sorry to fall off the face of the earth there. I knew July was going to be insanely busy, but I didn't fully realize just exactly *how* much it was going to take out of me. I'll start back with "normal" type blog entries soon (I hope), particularly as Sunday is my birthday (for the record, I'll be 29; yes for real, yes for the first time!). But to the point of today's post....

This may be old news to some of you, since it happened almost a month ago, but I wanted to acknowledge the passing of two very famous men: John Fiedler and Paul Winchell. Don't recognize those names? I assure you, you would recognize their voices. They gave life and character to Piglet and Tigger, respectively, in many Disney versions of the Winne the Pooh stories. I know that Fiedler was the voice of Piglet up until 2004 (including work on Pooh's Heffalump Movie), and Winchell voiced Tigger through 1999. They will be greatly missed by children and adults everywhere.

Currently feeling: sad

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!