Friday, January 05, 2007

Do you still have your Christmas cards?

It might be too late, since I know lots of people who do a clean sweep of their holiday decorations right around New Year's, but if there is anyone who reads my blog who has not seen my announcement on the boards, and who would like to donate their holiday cards to me, I would love to have them!

For those who don't know, I do a couple of different crafts that use the fronts of Christmas/holiday cards. One is an old-fashioned card ball, which takes 20 cards. The other is a Christmas alphabet scrapbook, which can use 100 cards or more. I do not receive enough cards personally each year to keep up with that kind of consumption.

So, instead of just throwing yours away, why not send them to me! I'll give them a good home and put them to good use, I promise. To save on postage, you can gently cut or tear away the fronts from the backs. It is really just the pretty front picture that I need. Any and all donations appreciated!

Cards from other winter holidays are great, if you have any cards for Chanukah, Diwali, Kwanza, Solstice, Yule.... those are all fine, as well as Seasons Greetings, Happy Holidays, Santas, Nativities. International cards and those not in English happily accepted. Any leftovers you didn't need this year for your own mailings and don't want to keep. The corporate cards sent to your office that will just get trashed. Whatever you have. I do not need other holidays (Valentines Day) or birthday cards, though.

I know most of you have already seen this notice (in fact, the last three paragraphs were just copied and pasted from my board posts), but just in case there is anyone out there, I wanted to repost them. And if you want to see the actual projects, here they are:

Card Ball (imagine each "facet" being a different card, though):


And a couple of pages from the scrapbook:


Currently feeling: pleading

2 comments:

  1. I haven't forgotten you! I haven't gotten my decorations down yet, and my home cards are all still taped up to the inside of my front door. That's my plan for the weekend, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some that I can send you, where should I send them?

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!