Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Project 365: Hold Please

Well, it was bound to happen at some point this year, I just had a feeling. My laptop is still not working at present. Not sure what the issue is, other than the hard drive is not engaging (spinning) when I press the power button. I didn't hear the mythical crashing drive noise, but who knows. I think it is still under warranty, but I just haven't had time to investigate, but replacing the hard drive won't bring back my data.

I have a back up of all of my photos at least through the end of October. I may or may not have backed up again right before the move, I can't remember now. I know I have not backed up since. (Nor can I lay my hands on my back up drive, but that's a different issue. It's around... somewhere.) My laptop was also the only computer loaded with editing software, so I can't even tweak my pictures (and I am not uploading unaltered photos if I can help it). All of the photos I took in the meantime are still on memory cards that I have access to. It's just the time and effort to download them and re-process them that I don't have right now. With all the other craziness, I'm not sure if I'll get caught up by the end of the year, but I will try. Right now, it is very nearly midnight at the end of yet another very long day, and I must go to bed.

I am still taking photos, and I shall return. Eventually.

Currently feeling: completely frustrated

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!