Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 2010 Round Up


Click mosaic to biggify. Created using Big Huge Labs Mosaic Maker.

Wow, this month was such a blur, it's really hard to remember. I tried to take notes, but I didn't manage as well as I would have liked.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
I'm sure I flipped through a magazine at the doctor's office, but I don't recall what I read, so I guess that doesn't count.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
* TV Time: Shows all started back with new episodes after the Olympics, so all the usual suspects, and new episodes of Mythbusters (Luke is thrilled!). We are now tripled up on Mondays with the return of Dancing With the Stars and Rules of Engagement in addition to Chuck (Heroes ended last month, whew). Thank goodness NBC and Comcast are in cahoots these days; Chuck is now available on demand!
* New Films: DH saw Wolverine and said it wasn't even worth me wasting my time, so I took his word for it.
* Old Favorites: Cars, Finding Nemo, The Abyss, Peter Pan, Ice Age. There may have been others, but I surely don't recall.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
We celebrated my grandfather's 90th birthday by throwing a party for him at his assisted living home.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
I sent out several of Luke's school portraits to various folks.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I had some difficulty breathing when smoke (and ash!) from a nearby brush fire descended on Disney. Took some Mucinex and managed to avoid anything settling in, but I was wheezing for a good 2 days, which is not fun when doing all that walking. Then I came down with a headache that lasted 6 days, which sent me to the doctor. I'm now on a secondary medicine to try and break the headache cycle. Hopefully I can come back off of it in the next few weeks. Luke threw up again the night I got back from Florida. It happens often enough that it concerns me, but not often enough that I can even begin to pinpoint what might be causing it.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Disney, of course! Meeting up with my college friends in Florida, always a good thing. Plus watching gymnastics with my parents, which was so much fun!

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
I went to Sliders in Neptune Beach, which was quite good.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
New Droid phones for DH and me, which were unusual and unexpected.

What were this month's disappointments?
Work. Big change happened March 31/April 1. Lost one coworker, gained a new one. That's all I have to say about that.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Spending so much time in the car without losing my mind! Work and travel took a heavy toll, both mentally and physically. I think just making it through the month with my sanity intact was accomplishment enough. (No 101 Things update this month; too busy to get anything in other than a new restaurant.)

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?


Okay, so I cheated a bit with that last photo and used one that DH took when I wasn't here (since I apparently haven't taken any photos of my kid in 2 weeks, bad mom!). A couple of the others are actually photos by my father. I took pictures those days, but his turned out better, so I used those.

Luke has really done well this month with all of the traveling we've done. There have been some issues, of course, but he has really done very well with us dragging him hither and yon all over the city and state. Now that the weather is warming up, we hope to be able to do some outdoor fun things locally and have some time to just go outside and play. He didn't get to do much of that this winter with so many weeks of either cold or rain (or snow), and we're all looking forward to sticking around here for a while in April.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
I thought I had lost my camera at one point (I know!). Neither DH nor I could find it *anywhere* in the house before we left for my grandfather's birthday weekend. Mom let me borrow hers (same model), and I didn't take many photos, but I felt like I was missing a part of me. Found it under my recliner when we got back, though DH and I are sure that each of us checked that before we left and it wasn't there. But it's back now, so no real harm done.

Monthly Round Up courtesy of Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

Currently feeling: borderline insane

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!