Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Another Christmas Temari

Another Christmas, another temari. Gee, I wonder what inspires me to start working on these again each December? Last year, my friend Melissa commented that she didn't have any special Christmas ornaments. Well, we can't have that, now can we? So I promised her one, thinking I would get to it right after Christmas. I didn't, and rather than send it to her in like April and her have to keep up with it, I waited until this December to make and send her one. I am absolutely thrilled with how this one turned out!! (And she seems to like it, too, which is the important thing.)



Please pardon the crummy photos; I was in a hurry to get it in the mail. Melissa's photo of this temari is actually much better than mine! This was my first time stitching this design, and I usually keep my first attempt at any new pattern (because, let's all admit, the first time you do anything it doesn't always turn out the best). But this one turned out *so* well, I decided to send it on instead of making a new one for her. It's not perfectly round, but it was pretty close. I also feel I have a much better grasp on the C8 division. I don't know why I had it in my head that dividing the ball into C8 was hard. It's not! Now, to conquer my fear of C10....

Currently feeling: crafty (sorry,they don't make temari emoticons)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!