Sunday, September 08, 2013

First Quilting Fabric Purchase

Am I officially a quilter now? I just made my first purchase of fabric for a quilt. Well, I take that back. Eons and ages ago, when Luke was less than a year old, I bought some fabric, thinking I would teach myself to sew. I was going to start with a quilt made of large squares. Easy, right? That never happend, and I'm sure I still have the fabric, though I'm not sure where off the top of my head.



But, now that I am actually doing some piecing, I have purchased fabric for a new project. Isn't it pretty? Yes, all of the reds and all of the greens should be of similar value (ignore those lighter greens at the end; they just came in the bundle).

 

I need to get a few more reds, I think, to keep the variety interesting, but I'm very happy with my choices. Now, I just need to find time to wash and iron and cut, so I can start piecing.

Currently feeling: having so much fun with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!