Friday, January 31, 2014

Lunchtime: A Conversation With Luke


Original image Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos, modified by me

Today was his third snow day, and the first of the three without Daddy at home to keep him company. I had a 10 AM conference call, but Luke came in three times between 10:30 and 10:40, complaining that he was hungry. I told him I would be off the phone around 11. Naturally, my call ran over by a few minutes. When I hung up, I needed to send a quick email before I could stop for lunch....

Luke: Mommy, it's after 11 o'clock.
Me: Okay, give me 5 to 10 minutes. Remember, even though I'm at home, I'm still working, so I can't make lunch right now.
Luke (horrified): You don't get to eat lunch at work?!
Me (chuckling): I do, but I can't just drop what I'm doing when the clock says it's 11. I have to find a good place to stop. Give me 10 more minutes, okay?
Luke (disappointed): Oh. Okay. But I'm hungry.

I'm sure he didn't understand, since they do drop what they're doing and go eat at exactly the same time every day. (I chose not to mention that yes, there have been days that I didn't have time to eat.)

Currently feeling: hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!