Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Musing on Movies - September 27, 2005

Have you ever dressed up as a movie character? Who was it, and what was the occasion (costume party, Halloween, etc)? Have you ever dressed up as a character to go see a movie starring that character (Star Wars, Harry Potter, LOTR, etc)? Have you ever attended a convention dressed as a movie character?

This is one of those times where I imagine I have, but I certainly don't remember. I don't remember most of my Halloween costumes, actually. I remember having a few masks in the dress up box, and I can only imagine they came from Halloween. You know, the kind with the hard plastic masks with eye holes and a small mouth slit cut into them, held on with an elastic string; they came with some kind of plastic "coverall" type thing for the rest of the costume. Anyone who went trick-or-treating in the 1980s knows the type I mean. I honestly can't recall any particular costumes, but I figure one of them was movie related. I have, however, seen the most adorable snapshot of DH dressed for Halloween as Indiana Jones when he was about 5....

And no, I have never dressed up as a character to attend a movie, nor have I ever attended a convention (I'd like to, just haven't managed it yet). I will wear appropriate t-shirts to movies, if I have one that matches the occasion. For example, when Star Wars Episode III was released, I wore my "Han Shot First" shirt, and I did wear my Incredibles logo shirt when we saw The Incredibles for a second time. That's probably the closest I've come.

Currently feeling: masked

1 comment:

  1. Starsky-striped Adidas sneakers count? A repro Han Solo vest? A repro Han Solo SW:ANH shirt? A repro Han Solo SW:TESB shirt? And the "Free Han Solo" bumper sticker taped in the back window until SW:ROTJ came out.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!