Monday, January 16, 2012

The Missing Disney Hotel

I got a bit panicked a few days ago. As I started planning our Disney trip for this year, I could not find our favorite Country Inn and Suites anywhere. It had disappeared from the website, and most maps no longer listed it. Did it close?! How is that possible, they were always so busy. I thought I was going to cry!

I could have gotten a semi-reasonable price on a Disney moderate hotel, which was tempting for a while. We've never stayed in one before, and I thought it might be a nice change of pace. But the price was eating at me. It wasn't *that* much more expensive than some of the other places I was considering, so I was just about to pull the trigger, and then I went on one final expedition to see if I could find the missing hotel.

As it turns out, it's still there, but it's now a Fairfield Inn and Suites, not to be confused with the Fairfield inn and Suites in the Marriott complex that is just on the other side of the interstate from this one. (I looked into the Marriott complex, and I could get a slightly better rate, but I know from *many* years of trying to get through that interstate intersection that it was "on the wrong side of the tracks," so to speak. Not worth the slight reduction in price.) It has been completely renovated on the inside, so it will be interesting to see what it looks like after all these years (I think it's been at least 3 years since we stayed there). And it ended up being about 25% cheaper than the Disney hotel we were considering (though we will have to pay for parking, which is now $14 per day; ouch).

So, we now have a place to sleep while we're there! Now I just have to figure out which parks we're going to (don't think we'll make them all), where we're eating, what our primary and secondary targets are.... um, excuse me, I think I need to get cracking on a plan!

Currently feeling: ready for the house of mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!