Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 2012 Pinterest Inpsirations

My Pinterest discoveries for April 2012.


Pizza Roll Ups - These were super easy and yummy! Sort of like cheater calzones. The ingredients are things we nearly always have on hand, and they will make a great addition to our rotation for a simple and quick dinner on nights when I just don't feel like cooking.


Source: fakeginger.com via Erin on Pinterest


Stovetop Mac & Cheese - I've been looking for a good stovetop macaroni and cheese recipe for a while now. I've tried a couple and been disappointed. This one, however, really hit the spot. I compared 3-4 different but similar recipes, and this is the one I chose. I let the milk and egg mixture thicken a bit before adding the cheese, and I halved the recipe, but other than that, I made it right by these directions. I still prefer my favorite baked recipe (they taste quite different), but when I don't have that kind of time, this will do.


Source: jamhands.net via Erin on Pinterest


Peanut Butter Cornflake Balls - These were pretty good. They reminded me of my MIL's rice krispy ball recipe, which I think is a little better. I liked these better warm than when they cooled (though that was easily fixed with the microwave), and I think I actually preferred them without the chocolate.




Balsamic-Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin - YUM!! This was the find of the month. So simple and so fantastic! I've been craving it ever since I made it the first time; just waiting for pork tenderloin to go on sale again. I just baked mine in the oven (didn't even sear it like the directions said), but it bet it is phenomenal grilled like the recipe originally calls for. Maybe one day I'll learn to grill.




Chicken and Dumpling Bake - This recipe was interesting. You don't make the dumplings yourself. You mix up the recipe in three parts and pour them in the baking dish in a particular order, then bake, and the dumplings sort of create themselves. It was good, but not fabulous. Certainly simpler than the traditional way. It didn't reheat very well, though, just FYI, and not making leftovers is pretty much a deal breaker for me with this type of recipe.




Crunchy Beef Casserole - This was definitely different, and I don't mean that in a bad way. It was just a very unusual (to me) combination of ingredients. It was good, though I'm still not quite 100% sure what I thought of it. I do think there was too much pasta in it. I would probably knock it down to 1-1.5 cups if I made it again, or better yet, I think I would substitute rice.

Currently feeling: pinned

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!