Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wrong Day to Oversleep

As most of you know, I am not a morning person. It has always been one of my fears that we would oversleep on a school day before something important, like a required state test or a field trip. So far, I've managed to either forget to set the alarm, or just slept right through it (or turned it off without realizing it) about once a year, but not on an important event day until today.
When I opened my eyes this morning, there was daylight streaming into my bedroom, the first sign that something was very wrong. Then, within a few seconds, I remembered they were leaving for their field trip that morning. Within about 15 seconds of waking up, I was out of bed and wide awake. It was just before 7 AM. I got Luke up and moving, and I called his teacher at school to explain what had happened and request that they please not leave without him! I didn't think we were going to be late enough for that to be a risk, but I wanted to be sure. Turns out, we actually made it to school before he was even late technically late (dropped him off around 7:35, and you're not late until 7:40). Whew!

Currently feeling: cutting it close

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!