Friday, September 23, 2005

When is he walking?

DH asked me this the other night, and I didn't know how to answer him. As far as the general "is Luke walking yet" questions go, yes he is walking. Is he ready to go for a stroll outside or at the mall? No, but he is able to go 6-8 feet in a steady and controlled manner (no longer "falling with style"). He's even starting to work on making turns. Not big ones; he's not ready to walk around the corner or something, but he can (intentionally) swerve a little as he moves forward. Still gripping with his toes a lot, so not anywhere near ready for shoes yet, which means no outdoor walks anytime soon. For true locomotion, he still prefers crawling, particularly if he can't see you (like if I'm in the kitchen and he's in the living room with DH). Fine by me. I'll wait for him to be toddling around the house much more sufficiently before we try non-household toddling. Still pretty impressive to watch, though.

Have I mentioned that he'll be a year old in two weeks? How the heck did *that* happen?!

Currently feeling: developmental

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!