Monday, June 30, 2008

June 2008 Round Up


Blinkie by: Brandy's Blinkies


Monthly Round Up idea borrowed from Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
I've picked up and put down 10 different things this month, and not read more than a couple of pages of any of them.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Oh, I did much better here! LOL Movies: The Pixar Story (documentary, loved it), Kung Fu Panda (liked it lots), and WALL-E (liked it, and we took Luke). TV: When We Left Earth on Discovery, and In Plain Sight (it's getting better) on USA. Oh, watched some of the US Olympic trials as well. I'm getting really excited! I love the Olympics, and I can't wait for August, though avoiding the internet during the day so I don't stumble on the results accidentally is not going to be fun.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
I actually got to spend Father's Day with my daddy! First time that has happened in years.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Just Father's Day cards and birthday cards for my mom.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I just haven't been feeling well, generally, for a few weeks now. I'm pretty sure it is mostly job stress, and it has gotten better (both work stress (had a bad couple of weeks) and how I feel), but I hate feeling like this. And with two days to go in the month, Luke has come down with a terrible summer cold. Not much appetite, tired, and snot everywhere. Fun.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Finally took Luke to see the Stone Mountain Laser Show. He did enjoy it, but he was awfully tired by the time it was over (almost 11 PM by the time we got back to the car), despite having napped until nearly 5 PM. Also took him to see his first movie at the movie theater. We took him to see WALL-E, which might not have been the perfect movie for him we hoped it would be, but he still seemed to enjoy it.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
I tried a "stove top mac and cheese" recipe. It is okay. Nothing I care to make again. Sadly, I prefer the box.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Nothing in particular comes to mind. Not even Luke's movie ticket counts, since you don't have to purchase a ticket for children at the Regal until they turn 4. Woo-hoo! I guess that counts as a special non-purchase.

What were this month's disappointments?
Just the bad couple of weeks at work, some portion of which was my own fault. And having to revert to another sticker chart to revisit the "pooping in the potty" issue. We've almost finished the chart with only one accident, so we're doing quite well.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Surviving. Many things just seemed more difficult than necessary this month. Nothing major, just small things here and there.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?
Already talked about the new sticker chart. He has also progressed to not wearing pull-ups to bed, so I think we've nearly got it worked out (knock on wood). But, he's been fighting at school, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
I babysat for Ginny and Justin so they could go see a movie. I remember how hard it was to get out with an infant, so I was happy to help. And we've completed 24% of LEGO Indiana Jones.

Currently feeling: summer-y

1 comment:

  1. If you want to keep trying, I have a FABULOUS stovetop mac n cheese recipe. It is hardly any more work than the box (you have to grate some cheese, that's about it), and it is absolutely the best thing ever.

    (FYI, it's from The Best Recipe by Cook's Illustrated, so if that's the one you tried already I guess you can skip emailing me.)

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!