Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happiness: A Conversation with Luke

This is part of our conversation on the way home yesterday.

Luke: Mom, I not sad anymore, I happy!
Me: When were you sad?
Luke: Nooo! I happy now.
Me: Oh, okay. What kinds of things make you happy?
Luke: I happy after rest time.
Me: Rest time makes you happy?
Luke: Yeah (Me: Yesssss!)
Me: What else makes you happy?
Luke: I know [Luke-speak for "I don't know."]
Me: What about toys? Do toys make you happy?
Luke: Yeah, I like toys. Twinkle toys [Tinker Toys] and Star Wars toys, too!
Me: What about the kitties?
Luke: Kitties have mouse toys. Kitties don't have Star Wars toys.
Me:

Currently feeling: how can I parent when I can't keep a straight face?

1 comment:

  1. He is showing the Warren-Gaston family trait early! You know - jumping from one train of thought to - oh, look, a bunny!

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!