Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 2009 Round Up


Created using Big Huge Labs Mosaic Maker.
Click mosaic to biggify, or see my June 2009 Project 365 Posts.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Um, uh, er.... I am ashamed!

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
At the Theater: We managed two movies in June. Up (full review here) which was quite good, but not a good movie for Luke. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (not reviewed yet; it's coming!) was just eh. It was okay, but almost bordering on boring, if you can imagine. Needs to be seen on the big screen, because it is visually amazing, but the rest (story? what story? and don't even think about logic) is pretty blah. Definitely NOT for children.

Other New Stuff: Mythbusters was new for most of this month on Wednesdays. The Closer has started back on Mondays. Finished From the Earth to the Moon (last disc). Night at the Museum was just there (full review coming). Not bad, not good, but no laughs or smiles, which is not a good thing to say about a supposed comedy. A Knight's Tale was okay (full review coming); cute, kinda fun, not deep, Heath Ledger. What more do you want?

Old Favorites: Holiday Inn, Disney's Hercules, Toy Story, Firefly, Ratatouille, Bolt, The Other Sister, An American Tail: Fievel Goes West, WALL-E

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Sent cards for Mom's birthday and Father's Day. Not much else going on.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
I bought clothes for a bunch of bears! LOL See full story here.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Luke has been tripping over his own feet a bit, which is unusual. I can't say he's the most graceful kid, but he's not overly clumsy either. Seems to have worked itself out in the last couple of days, though. He's also been sleeping later than average. I hope it's just a growth spurt. I was very concerned that swimming would cause him ear problems (like it always did, and still does, for me), but he's done just fine.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Well, been pretty busy with the whole swimming thing. That consumes 1/4-1/3 of our weekend right there.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Maddio's Pizza Joint (fine) and The Flying Biscuit Cafe (good; I'm obsessed with their grits!). Also tried a Golden Caramel Cake recipe, which was fine, but not worth the time and effort.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
DH was in a spendy mood this month. He has purchased several new Transformers for Luke (one of which L has received, the rest of which are in the closet for his birthday and Christmas). There were also at least 4 unplanned new Wii game purchases: Guitar Hero Aerosmith (found it cheap), Tiger Woods 2010 with Motion Plus, Grand Slam Tennis (a Motion Plus game), and Boom Blox (which Luke loves, just as I suspected).

What were this month's disappointments?
Nothing really springs to mind. Pretty good and quiet month.

What were my accomplishments this month?
101 List Status:

62. Enroll Luke in a physical class (gymnastics, swimming, etc). (See next question.)

98. Decide on a better way to archive Movie Musings.
I didn't have much choice about doing this, since Geocities has decided to shut down. I want my own domain name, but any of the variations I am interested in are currently owned. Someone is just sitting on moviemuse.com with nothing there. They keep renewing it every year. I'll pay you for it, just let me have it! Anyway, in order to get them back up online as quickly as possible, I just started another blog. http://erinsmoviemusings.blogspot.com Boring, I know, but it is the best I could do. All old musings are now archived, and new ones will be posted to the blog in addition to being emailed out, so feel free to subscribe to the feed.

Doing just fine on Project 365, too. I can't believe it's half over already!

Not a whole lot else going on with me. Finished two projects at work, and received two new projects at work (yay for new work!).

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?


Luke started swimming lessons! That is really the major thing for the month. Found out lessons were offered on Monday, started him on Saturday. He is doing very well, and as mentioned previously, he isn't having any ear problems at all, which was a real fear. He was the first one to swim with a small floatation device but without assistance from the instructor. Yay! He really loves it, and I love watching him.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Not for the family, no. Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died on the same day, something I am unlikely to forget any time soon. Not sure I'll remember that 5 years from now, though.

Monthly Round Up courtesy of Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

Currently feeling: enjoying a great summer so far

1 comment:

  1. Commenting on a Tweet actually. Yes, Canadians do get a lot of grief on Canada Day. We've lived in the US for 9 years now and have had multiple incidents every year. Sad but true. I'll be proud to be American in another 4 years when we'll (FINALLY) be eligible. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm also proud to be Canadian. I've never understood the people who feel it necessary to bash anyone on their nationality. Makes no sense to me.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!