Monday, July 30, 2012

July 2012 - Pinterest Inspirations

Actually had a few non-recipe inspirations this month! And one of my few true failures (the first one). Still having a blast on Pinterest, though! And I hear it is now open to all, no invite needed. Hope you enjoy.


Patriotic "Mocktail" - We couldn't make this work. The blue and red kept mixing and turning purple. I guess the sugar content was too close between the Gatorade and Hawaiian Punch.



Slow Cooker Asian Inspired Beef - This was just okay. I do think it would play well with cabbage, but neither DH nor I care for it, so we left it out. Not bad, by any means, but probably won't make again.



Roasted Garlic Chicken with Red Potatoes - This was pretty good. Think it would be better if chicken was marinated like recent pork recipe I made.



Raspberry Lemonade - This was pretty good, but more effort than I care to do on a regular basis. Definitely only 4 cups of water for me; I like it strong!



Sinful Colors- Bali Mist layered over Fig - Wouldn't have thought to layer these two without this blog, but really loving the look of it.



Straw Plane - Original pin said "flies better than a paper airplane," so we tested that. While we did have one paper design that was better in our very unscientific tests, it did come in 2nd out of four. The fun part was the skeptical look on my son's face, followed by delight when it performed so well!



Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy - This was just okay. Actually not as good as I anticipated. Fine, just not wow. Prefer other similar recipes.

Currently feeling: pinned

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!