Friday, March 14, 2014

Erin and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day


Image Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos


Or week, as the case may be. In the last 8 days, I/we have:
  • Learned of the death of a friend and attended his memorial service (a first for Luke)
  • Had an incredibly frustrating week at work
  • Discovered my father is having health problems (he is improving, but it was very scary for a few days)
  • Found a cracked drain pipe causing a ceiling collapse in the basement bathroom
  • Discovered mold due to said leaking drain pipe, which will be very expensive to clean
  • Had my car booted today because I was in such a hurry to get the data crunched for a meeting that ended up getting moved to Monday that I forgot to pay for parking online when I got to my office
  • Spent nearly 2 hours getting home from the time I got in the elevator to leave work, due to the delay from getting my car booted, waiting for the guy to show up and let me go, and some major traffic issues on the interstate
  • Helped Luke through a round of vomiting tonight (the night before his first baseball game) while the water to the house was off for the plumbers to replace the water shut off valve (water was only off for about 15 minutes, but it just had to be the 15 minutes that he was throwing up)
Are we done yet? I know I am. In fact, I'm completely over March and ready to move on to April now, thanks.
Currently feeling: buried

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!