Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Ow ow ow ow ow!

Ow ow ow. Just had to get a few more in for good measure. I broke my toe today. Second time in less than a year! Different toe, but same foot. And let me tell you, this one hurts *way* worse. In July, I broke my left "pinky" toe (the one on the outside). Hurt pretty bad when I did it, but unless I was wearing some funky shoes or I put a lot of pressure on the outside of my foot, it was fine, as long as I didn't bump it.

Not this one. This time, it was the toe next to it. My fourth toe, counting the big toe as 1. In case you were wondering, that toe does support weight and force when walking, no matter where on your foot you decide to put pressure. I can't walk on my heel, on the inside of my foot, anywhere. I pretty much have to hobble or crawl. Do you have any idea how demeaning that is? To literally have to crawl to the bathroom, as it's considerably faster than hobbling. Ice helped some, and the ibuprofin helped some (prescription strength), but it still hurts. Taking care of Luke tomorrow is sure going to be a blast (not). I may try taping it, and I may try to wear a shoe of some sort tomorrow. We'll see how it feels. I'm going to have to try to remember to take some ibuprofin when Steve leaves for work in the morning so that it is already working by the time Luke wakes up.

How did this happen, you ask? Well, I bet you don't realize how much you walk around the house on auto-pilot, without truly looking where you're going. Especially when you're in a hurry. That would explain why one would not *really* acknowledge the fact that the swing is close to the walkway, instead of over by the computer where it usually lives. This could potentially lead one to clunk their toes on the back leg of the swing before the brain has registered that it is indeed there and should be avoided. Despite being a lightweight travel swing, it is still capable of inflicting rather serious harm on any foot that may come into forceful contact with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!