Thursday, March 09, 2006

My Oscar 2006 results


by Joyful Mother Designs


Okay, I've had a few people ask me how I did predicting this year's Oscars. The answer? About average. I usually manage about 50% correct. Now, that doesn't sound like I did very well, but when you consider that there are several categories that I usually have to guess in (documentary long and short, animated and live action short, and a few other technical awards), and when you factor in that most categories have 5 choices (meaning pure guessing should yeild a 20% correct rate), 50% really isn't too shabby. A long way from 2004, when I managed 75% correct (which shocked even me!), but still, much better than last year which was something like 37%. I missed several of the key categories, though, including Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor *and* Actress, and Best Picture (I really believed Brokeback would pull it out in the end). I guess there's always next year; maybe I will have actually managed to see a few more of the nominated films.
Currently feeling: triumphant

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!