Sunday, January 14, 2007

2006: For Fun and For Real

There was a meme going around last year to do a blog year review, so I thought I would do that again this year. But considering how this past year has gone, the meme won't really touch on the big events, so I'll do a more "real" recap after the meme. So keep reading! This might get long.

The Blogging Year in Review 2006

Instructions: take the first sentence (or 2) from the first post of each month of 2006. That's your year in review.
  • January: Snitched from Whiz. This is all I can manage for tonight. I'll try to post a more thorough (and traditional) recap later this week.
    This very meme, recapping 2005, followed those words on January 1, 2006.
  • February: No lower, in this case. We have dropped the mattress in Luke's crib to the lowest possible setting. Next stop: toddler bed. That was actually the entire blog entry for that day. I can't believe that was almost a year ago! He's still in his crib, and it is still at that setting, and until he starts climbing out of it or protesting the crib (or he literally outgrows it), I intend for him to *stay* in the crib.
  • March: Actually, there is no point. I was feeling the need to blog, but I don't know what to say. Lots I could say, serious and trivial, just not feeling up to it. Gee, that feels like deja vu. Been feeling much that way again lately.
  • April: I saw this on Joy's blog, and I thought it was a fantastic idea! Way better than New Year's Resolutions to me; I don't know why. Ah, my 101 Things in 1001 Days list! LOL Funny to see that here.
  • May: So, when last discussed, I was reviewing the virtues of digital scrapbooking, one of the primary virtues being that it is free if you stick to the freebies, it's a cheap hobby. Um, yeah. Considering I got a 250GB external hard drive to hold all of my freebies and, ahem, purchases for digiscrapping, I'd say I'm long past that point. In fact, I seriously need to curtail my purchasing.
  • June: Guess who's blogging! That would be my mother, who hasn't blogged, or scrapped, in ages.
  • July: Hard to believe that eight years ago yesterday (yes, July 4th), DH and I were married. Oh the irony, considering yesterday's post.
  • August: Some of you may recall that I was previously offered a contracting position with my old company that never panned out. Ah, I had just been contacted about the job offer for my current job! And where I should be working right now, LOL.
  • September: Geez, has it only been a week since we left? Feels like a month, at least. I don't ever remember being this tired in my entire life. The aftermath of my grandmother's funeral.
  • October: We all know how men are when they're sick. One is bad enough, but two? Oh yes, a house full of sick males, right before Luke's birthday and the discovery of his horrible ear infection.
  • November: Woo-hoo! I am very excited to announce that I have finally recorded 10,000 hits on my blog. That was a fun day!
  • December: His email from a few minutes ago:
    Just heard from the neurosurgeon. The neurulogical radiologist who read the films says the discs look fine, but there are some degenerative changes.
    Getting word on my father's condition, after he had an episode at school the day we were leaving to return home after Thanksgiving. He was fully checked out during December with all kinds of tests, and he is just fine.

    2006: The Way It Really Was
  • January: Luke was teething. I was sick. Disney bought Pixar.
  • February: Laura died. Luke learned to wave. I was offered a job. Luke had his first cold. Luke visited his first playground. Luke had his first stomach virus.
  • March: The job fell through. We left Luke at Nana's and Papa's and went to Disney alone. Luke got sick, again.
  • April: My uncle got married. I made my 101 Things in 1001 Days list. I redesigned my blog. We realized that Luke is HUGE for his age. Luke discovered his imagination. I fell "hook, line, and sinker" for digital scrapping.
  • May: I visited Miami for the first time. Jacob graduated with his Ph.D. Granny broke her hip. Luke said his first word (down).
  • June: I started Mom on digiscrapping. Luke said "mama." Granny took a terrible and terrifying turn for the worse. I met Scott Leonard of Rockapella at the airport. I flew first class for the first time. Granny does better physically, but starts mentally slipping. We visit her for the last time. I started my scrapping blog. Luke acquired his pink kitty.
  • July: DH and I celebrated 8 years of marriage. I *finally* got my Social Security information straightened out. Lots of scrapping. Lots of child frustration. I turned 30.
  • August: I was asked to interview for another job. DH's turn to be 30. I got the job! I began the nightmare of finding daycare for Luke. Granny died. I discover how much my new boss truly rocks.
  • September: We finally have daycare, almost a month after I started working. Lego Star Wars II is released, and DH and I are disappointed in it. Luke learns to jump. I got very sick.
  • October: Bot Luke and Steve are sick. Luke is diagnosed with his first ear infection plus peri-orbital cellulitis, two days before his birthday. Luke turns 2. Mike brings Jennifer to the party and proposes that afternoon. I visit Toronto, Canada, and Niagra Falls. Luke and Steve are in a small accident. We all survive what would have been PaPaw and Granny's 60th anniversary. Luke is a baseball player for Halloween.
  • November: I make 10,000 hits on this blog. I see a deer in our neighborhood. We make it through our first Thanksgiving without Granny and what would have been her 84th birthday. We have new family portraits made. Luke is officially diagnosed with a speech delay and hearing problem. Dad has a possible neck/nerve relapse.
  • December: Dad is cleared for his neck. I get terribly sick. Christmas is a great grand affair. I try all sorts of new food. I ring in the new year surrounded by my family.

    Busy year! After all that, I'm hoping for a pretty quiet 2007. Hope yours is going swimmingly so far!

    Currently feeling: listed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!