Monday, January 15, 2007

Season 3: High Stakes Poker

Everyone is all excited about the premieres of 24 and various other television shows. And what are DH and I watching? High Stakes Poker on GSN! I swear, we're addicted. We had heard that our favorite player, Daniel Negreanu, would not be playing this season after getting burned (bad!) last season, but he's here. Yay! Lots of familiar faces, a few new ones; some familiar, some not. Havin' fun!

Not even watching the Golden Globes tonight. I know, I'm sad. I don't love the Globes, for some reason. I don't know what it is about the Oscars, but that is really the only awards show I watch each year. If there was nothing else on, sure I'd have the Globes on, but I'd probably be doing something at the same time (like scrapping). I'll read about the results tomorrow, and maybe try to figure out what movies need to be on my "to see" list if I intend to hit all Best Picture Oscar nominees this year (one of my 101 things). We'll see.

Had a great day today sans child. Slept in with my honey (after dropping Luke off at daycare), had lunch at our Japanese restaurant that terrifies our son (he doesn't like the noise or the flames), spent our gift card to Best Buy, enjoyed a little of the beautiful weather, then saw a movie (The Pursuit of Happyness). Picked up the kido, dinner at Captain D's, then the premiere of one of our favorite shows. Doesn't get much better!

Currently feeling: quite content

3 comments:

  1. What a great day!

    I didn't watch the Golden Globes either!

    Hugs

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see him lose to pocket sixes when he had pocket fives (picked up a full house, sixes full of fives, meaning he lost to quad fives!) It was just WRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a fun day with hubby! I think award shows are boring. I just watch the red carpet and then turn the tv off. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!