Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Whistle While You Work


Copyright: yaryhee / 123RF Stock Photo

I am rapidly coming to the end of the 1001 days for my 101 Things in 1001 Days Version 3 Challenge. One of the items on the list was to learn to whistle very loudly. My grandfather could do it, and I've always wanted to learn, thus why I put it on the list to start with. Some people can do it with just their mouths, and some people use their fingers (on one hand or two). I didn't think it would be all that difficult to learn. Boy, was I wrong!

For the last week or so, I've spent my lunch break (yes, I'm working from home) watching YouTube videos on how to do this. I keep hoping the next one will explain it in that slightly different way that makes it "click" for me. So far, all I've managed to do is make myself very lightheaded, make my whole face hurt, make the underside of my tongue hurt (I have long fingernails), get covered in slobber, and be a dismal failure. One single time, I managed to get a tone out, and I have not been able to replicate it to save my life. If I watch one more video that says "all you have to do is....," I'm going to scream. I'm doing that! It's just not working for me. I'll keep trying, but I am terribly disappointed. I really expected it to be much easier to learn!
Currently feeling: embarrassingly unsuccessful

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!