Sunday, May 18, 2014

I can see clearly now the headaches are gone....


Copyright: voronin76 / 123RF Stock Photo

A few weeks ago, I started having headaches. Not just one or two days, but multiple times per day. Sometimes they were just mild and annoying, but other times, they were pretty intense. I was afraid I was having blood pressure problems again, though with the weight I've lost, it had been quite good for the last several months. I scheduled an appointment with my regular doctor to have it checked out, but due to my schedule, I couldn't find a convenient day for me until the end of the month.

On unrelated note, I also noticed that I was having trouble reading street signs when I took a "short cut" a week or two ago, so I made an appointment with the eye doctor. I mean it had only been, um, three years. (Oops.) In fact, the last time was for the same reason, right before we went to Boston. Again, we will be going to Boston in a few weeks, and I didn't want to wait too late, since last time they had to order my lenses and it took 2-3 weeks for them to come in. This time, I rearranged my schedule so there would be time to see the eye doctor and wait for the lenses. Yet again, "due to my age," my eyesight had improved to the point that I could not focus, about half a diopter in each eye. (That's a lot!) I probably hadn't really noticed it until lately when I pulled my stitching back out (for the first time in about a year). I had the lenses replaced in my existing frames and went about my business.

About three days later, I noticed my head didn't hurt. At all. Not only did it not hurt, it hadn't hurt for a few days. What changed? My glasses! I had no idea something so "small" and simple could cause so much trouble! Makes me wonder if I've been thinking eyesight changes were BP and/or stress headaches for years now. I will definitely have that checked out first from now on! Thought I would pass along my new knowledge. The more you know....

Currently feeling: grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!