Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single....

.... step, of course! Actually, two of them. Yep, Luke took his first two steps last night. I'm not *entirely* convinced they were intentional, but that's not really the point, is it? I've been expecting this for a couple of weeks now, so I was glad to finally see it. Guess we'll find out over the next few days if it was a fluke, or if he's really starting to walk.

I'm back to about 90%, except for trying to breathe while laying down. I'm still sleeping on an incline. Other than that, I'm doing much better. DH, OTOH, seems to have come down with it now. He came home from work yesterday and is staying home today. Wonder how long it will take me to nag him into calling the doctor. We're *supposed* to go out of town this weekend. Guess we'll see.

Jacob is home now, with full power to his apartment. He said that getting gas is still taking a while because many pumps are empty, as are many of the grocery stores, but all in all, things aren't bad. Nothing like Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.

Haven't forgotten the Nashville update (if anyone still cares at this point). Got the photos downloaded from the camera finally (new camera, had to install software and figure out how to use it), so hopefully a written narrative won't be too far away.

Currently feeling: uncertain

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!