Thursday, August 25, 2005

Keep Jacob in your thoughts

I know I promised a Nashville update, but this is more important (and I'm still sick; severe sinus infection, for the record).

I know it's "only" a category 1 storm, and barely one at that, but Katrina is coming ashore literally on top of my brother. I mean that in all seriousness. He'll either getting slammed by the north side of the storm (that's the worst side, the one coming straight off the water, for those who don't know), or the eye wall is going to graze him. It's Ft. Lauderdale, they're used to this kind of thing, and his apartment is second story (less worry about flooding, more about wind), so he's unlikely to be wet if his roof survives. Doesn't make it any less nerve-wracking, though. Please be thinking of him, if you have a moment, and anyone else caught down there. As long as my family has lived on the coast of three different states, we've always been *extremely* fortunate. Jacob has less than a year left in the Miami area. We'd really like that luck to hold out a little longer.

Currently feeling: wishful

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!