Friday, February 02, 2007

January 2007 Round Up


Blinkie by: Pinky Blinkies


Let's see if I can actually start a monthly feature here on the blog. And even though the inspiration comes from a scrapping blog, it is not directed at scrapping in particular. The questions are fairly generic and apply to most everyone, so feel free to play along.

Katie the Scrapbook Lady does a monthly round-up on her blog, and I think it is really neat, so I've decided to try and do it as well. Though this first month tells me I need to take notes! LOL So I may not be able to answer these questions really well this month, but I'll do my best.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Not much. I'm almost done with Inkheart, and I can't remember if I finished the last Black Jewels book in December or January. I don't get any magazines anymore, since I don't really have time to read them. I am considering subscribing to one, though. And I do get the Kraft recipe magazine, but I think it is quarterly.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

TV: High Stakes Poker has started up again with its new season. Yay!! Other than that, just the usual on TV: House, L&O: Criminal Intent, Mythbusters, Criminal Minds, CSI:NY, CSI, Shark, ER, and Numbers. I have somehow become hooked on watching Murder She Wrote at lunchtime, and I think The Closer will be starting back up again soon as well.

Movies: I'm pretty sure the only thing we saw in the theater was The Pursuit of Happyness, which I did review for my Movie Musings readers, but I have not yet put up on the web. I don't recall seeing anything new at home.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
None, really. We did stay up until about 12:05 AM at New Years. My family was still here from Christmas, so that was nice. And we sent my MIL a family portrait and some cards for her birthday. Nothing else really comes to mind.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
I made a layout for my brother of his new puppy. Not sure if that counts. And I received a lovely skein of Waterlilies silk (Arabian Nights, which is just beautiful) from Charisse.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
By the new year, I was finally over my bronchitis, but Luke came down with a double ear infection. And I came down with his latest cold, which as of yesterday (this should really go in February's list) is officially something worse. I have some OTC measures to try, but if I'm not better by Sunday, I already have a prescription for antibiotics, just in case.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Nothing. Are we sad or what? My family was here through Jan 1, which is always fun. We went to the local park (see pictures), but nothing particularly special about that.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Artuzzis! I think that was a January find. It is a new Italian chain restaurant, sort-of like Pei Wei's or Mama Fu's. Better than fast food, but not a real "sit down" type place. Nice varied menu, excellent Alfredo, and fabulous garlic breadsticks. Also closer and cheaper than Olive Garden. Not quite as good, but definitely more convenient. I really should have tried a new recipes, but I didn't. I did pick out a few to try in February, though.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Braves Spring Training tickets!! I have those all ready to go for our March trip. Should be great fun. Technically, it won't be Luke's first baseball game, but he was only 5 months old last time, so that doesn't really count. Also picked up some PhotoBlast actions to try and help with some of my pictures. I'm disappointed in two of them (I can actually do better by myself, generally speaking), but the other two are amazing and invaluable.

What were this month's disappointments?
My weight. I have finally gotten fed up, and I am starting to do something about it. Also, the fact that Luke is getting further and further behind in his speech, though he seems to be trying more this last week or so. I think we just about have him squared away to start speech therapy, though, so maybe that will improve.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I scrapped a ton! Something like 14 layouts, I think. Let me go count. Oh, I underestimated; it is actually 18. Now, 12 of those were for the same brag book challenge, but still. I can't really think of anything else. I haven't even taken down the Christmas decorations yet! (This weekend, I promise.)

Anything else noteworthy to record?
My 1999 Toyota Camry flipped 100,000 miles! Took 7 years and 3 months (and yes, for those doing the math, we bought it (actually, leased bought at end of lease) in November of 1998).
Currently feeling: sick (again)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erin, I love those questions!! I just might steal that for February if that is Ok. My blog is a nice way for me to keep track of things so that would be an awesome way to do!!

    You know I"ve tried several times to watch Criminal Minds but I just can't get into it.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!