Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Gray Lady

I suppose, in light of today being my 31st birthday, that it is appropriate that I have found a clump of silver gray hairs just above my left temple. I noticed it a few weeks ago, I just forgot to mention it until today. DH, who has had noticable gray since I met him at age 18 (and has gathered more than a few new ones in the 12 years since), has no sympathy! LOL

Just to clarify, I'm not upset about this. They're actually quite a pretty silver color. It was just one of those things, like stretch marks when I was pregnant. I spotted them in the mirror, I give a big sigh, I shrugged, and then said "oh well!" Not a big deal. (As my friend Violet says, it beats the alternative.) I have an almost 3-year-old. I figure I've earned them! LOL

Currently feeling: yikes!

7 comments:

  1. Old is a state of mind. Your physical appearance has nothing to do with it - after all, your DH has been gray since he was 18. I have a great friend with raven black hair (she's Filipino), but she's had silver shot through it since she was 16 (she's 35 now). She occasionally dyes it to hide it, but I think she's given up now. But she has such the young face and disposition.

    Like I said, state of mind. I'm married to a 49 year old man who looks 35 and sometimes acts like he's in his 20s. :)

    Besides, why stress over the silver... there are so many more important things to worry about in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, you youngster you! Hope it's a great one and that your family spoils you rotten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!! :)

    And I love your great attitude about the gray hair - I'm the same way, got heaps of stretchmarks and been gray since my early twenties but in the great scheme of things its no big deal. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I have been The Gray Lady since teenage! And my hair is very black. I have had a few strands here and there. Not noticeable, but they are there. I sometimes use Henna which makes it a pretty brown shade, but mostly I'm not bothered by them.

    But I was lucky in the stretch marks department hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Erin! Phooey on the greys, but heck, do we really have time in life to worry about such things?! Hope you had a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Erin! I've been noticing more and more the silver stray hairs on my head too!

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!