Monday, March 31, 2008

March 2008 Round Up


Blinkie by: Jo's Blinkie Obsession (no longer active)


Monthly Round Up idea borrowed from Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

I'm still pretty tired from our trip, so this will be rather more cryptic than normal.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Nothing, as usual. But I should have something to put here next month!

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
We officially started watching Dancing with the Stars. Don't recall any movies really, certainly not any new ones.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
My grandmother's birthday was early in the month, so we went out to visit with her. My grandfather's birthday was late in the month, so we just sent a card. Luke got an Easter basket this year. First one since his first Easter, I think. (I know, we're sad.)

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
We gave my grandmother some potted tulips and a birdcage for her birthday, since she still has her own home.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I was sick forever, it seems like. So was DH. Finally got that kicked, though.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Disney, as is usual for March. Also got to meet Glenda, Belinda, and Kay from the boards while we were there. Luke took his first plane ride, and I visited family in Arkansas for the first time in nearly 30 years.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Not sure a turkey leg from Disney counts. That's really about it. Wait, not it's not! I had corned beef and cabbage for the first time. My friend Cyndi cooked it for St. Patrick's Day and had a few folks over. It was quite good (even the cabbage, which I usually think smells awful, but hers didn't).

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Nothing particular comes to mind.

What were this month's disappointments?
Still being sick, after having already had one round of antibiotics. Took two to get rid of it, but it is finally gone. Just in time for allergies to start. Yay. Luke hurt a little girl at school, seemingly on purpose, but it hasn't happened again, so we're hoping it was an isolated incident.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I finally feel like I might have some idea of what I am doing at work. And I did talk to my boss, and she said she expects at least a six month ramp-up period, so as far as she is concerned, I'm doing just fine. Good to hear, since I was convinced she was going to call and fire me at any time.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?
He suddenly demonstrated that he can hop on one foot. That was a surprise. Not sure when that is supposed to emerge, but he just started doing it one day, and we were rather shocked. It's not like that was something we had worked on.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Had a tornado rip through downtown Atlanta at mid-month, first one in downtown Atlanta in the city's history. We were fine, but lots of windows were missing from downtown and midtown buildings. Also tore up Oakland Cemetary, causing 70 of the trees it was named for to have to be removed. :-( It's a place I always wanted to go but never did, and now I will have missed it in all its glory. I think that's it.

Currently feeling: worn out

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!