Saturday, January 28, 2012

IKEA



We made our first ever visit to IKEA this weekend. It was quite an experience. That place is HUGE!!! It took us nearly 3 hours to get through it all, though that does include eating at the restaurant. I was looking for general ideas and prices on a few things, like a small dining table and some "cubby" type shelves, like these:



They didn't have quite what I was looking for. The 2x2 cubby block was too small, but the 2x4 was too long. Really needed a 2x3, so I'll keep looking. There were a couple of nice tables, but with the job in flux, that will have to wait. (We do really need the shelves, though, if I can find the right size for the price I want.)

We took a lunch break between floors. How could we go all the way to IKEA and not try the famous Swedish meatballs? Thankfully, they also had chicken fingers for Luke. Overall, it was quite yummy and fairly inexpensive, though I will admit that my recent Swedish meatball recipe find is better (probably has something to do with browning them in butter! LOL).



We really had fun looking around at everything, and we will definitely be back. You know, when we have disposable income again.

Currently feeling: nearly overwhelmed

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!