Thursday, January 26, 2012

Job Hunting Again

I found out last Friday, January 20, that the company I work for is shutting down. They've been running in the red for nearly a year now, so it's not really a surprise, though it did come sooner than I anticipated. We were asked to keep it to ourselves until later this week so that there was time to inform our major customer before word leaked out. Official notifications have been made to all interested parties, so I can now discuss.

Not that there's much to say. I haven't even been there 5 months, and here I am job hunting again. I'm still working; we have enough to do to probably keep us busy (read: employed) at least through the end of February, possibly as long as May or June, depending on what work we are allowed to give back and how it takes to finish up some of our long poll projects that have already started. We were also told to go ahead and be speaking with our contacts and job hunting, which is nice (in that we don't have to hide that we're looking and we can use our current boss as a reference).

Needless to say, no one is happy about the situation, but we're just doing what we can. Finish the work we have, talk to our network, and start sending out resumes. And hope, and pray.

Currently feeling: not happy

2 comments:

  1. ((hugs))

    Let me know if I can help..

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Can't offer any help or advice, but I do send you lots of cyber (((hugs))), if it makes you feel any better.....

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!