Monday, January 30, 2012

January 2012 Pinterest Inspirations

I think all the things I did this month from Pinterest were recipes (that seems to be happening a lot!). Note: these are *not* my photos. They are the actual photos that are pinned on Pinterest, and they appear here using the "embed" button on the pin itself (thanks for the tip, Leah!).



Sesame Encrusted Baked Chicken Tenders - Very good and easy! Only change was I made 1 lb instead of 1.5 lbs (just two folks eating it). Will definitely add to the dinner rotation.



Dressed Up Sloppy Joes (Crock Pot / Slow Cooker) - This was quite good. I think it's a good recipe to use as a base and tinker. More Worcestershire, less sugar, and simmer in the crock pot (instead of on the stove top like I did).



Cracker Pizza - Use a tortilla as a pizza crust (falls into the "duh" department). Did this with leftover pizza cup filling topped with cheese; super simple super quick dinner! Will probably do a Mexican version later (refried beans, taco meat, cheese).



Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes - We didn't care for this recipe. I don't think it is the recipe's fault, just our taste buds. Did not eat leftovers, though.



Toll House Pie - Not bad. Dare I say, I think this might have had *too* much chocolate in it? I might knock it down to 3/4 of a cup of chocolate chips. Would also add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla.



Chicken Parmesan Bake - This was okay. One or two bites of it did taste very much like chicken parmesan, but most of the time, it tasted like chicken with spaghetti sauce and some croutons and didn't really come together as a dish. Not bad, just not all I hoped it would be.



Baked Taco Shells - If these had been just a little more crisp and a little less chewy, they'd have been perfect! (couldn't bake longer or they would have burned) Might need to experiment with different brands of tortillas; the ones I had were possibly too thick? Might also sprinkle a little salt on the inside before baking.

Currently feeling: ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!