Friday, May 03, 2013

Back Behind the Wheel



Ta-da! That's me behind the wheel of a car for the first time in about two months. I was given permission at the doctor yesterday to officially resume driving. Quick visit recap: permission to drive, two more weeks in the ugly boots, then start weaning off of them. One more doctor visit in a month, then I should be discharged.

I did find out that the reason that everyone is so surprised I didn't break my ankle. Apparently, if you're going to stress the high part of your ankle as badly as I did mine, the bones usually give way before the ligaments do. That's why the doctor said he doesn't know how I didn't break it. How could I have put enough pressure on my ankle to rip off that many of those particular ligaments and the bone not break, when the ligaments are usually stronger than the bone? "I'm guessing you do not have bone density problems" is what he told me. Yeah, I'm betting I don't either! LOL So, hoepfully we're nearing the end of this adventure. Thanks for hanging in there with me and listening to all my whining!
Currently feeling: almost there

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!