Sunday, December 07, 2008

Thank you, Kerry!

I want to send out a big thank you to Kerry for letting me know that the "embedded comments" option on Blogger was not working. I thought (and I think they thought) that it would work like Wordpress, where clicking the comment link would take you to the bottom of the individual post page and there would be form to leave your comment. Instead, when you click the link, it takes you to the bottom of the page and provides a link that says "post a comment," but when you click said link, *nothing happens!*

I should have tested it after I implemented it. How silly of me to think that an initial rollout of something by Blogger would work correctly! It is possible that there is something in the customization of my page that is causing it not work, so it could me my template and not the feature itself (don't want to discourage anyone interested in using it from trying it, but do be sure and test it!). But still, I know better than to implement a coding change and not verify the functionality. So it's back to the pop-up window, which seems to be working for me. Let me know if it isn't working for you. Sorry about that, everyone!

Currently feeling: annoyed with technology

1 comment:

  1. ARGH how frustrating. I tried to comment on the advent calendar because I thought you're choice was excellent - did you get it at Target? I just thought my computer wasn't allowing the popup for some reason. DH is always monkeying with those settings on our home PC, so I figured that is why I couldn't comment and I was annoyed with DH! lol

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!