Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day 2012

We had a very low key Valentine's Day this year. With the job situation, I sent only about half the number of cards that I usually do (and didn't mail them until Monday, so they won't arrive until Wednesday or Thursday, darn it!), DH and I agreed not to get each other anything including cards (though DH broke his half of the bargain; after 15+ years together, I should have known), and we ate dinner at home instead of out. Mom and Dad were kind enough to send Luke a small gift, so he got a package in the mail, which is way more exciting than anything we could have given him. Thank you for the LEGOs, Nana and Papa!



With this being such a lean year, I still wanted to do something special, so I made cupcakes for Luke. He's been asking for cake for a couple of weeks, so I indulged him. I wanted it to be Valentine's Day-ish, though, so I made pink cupcakes with white icing. I asked DH to pick up red sprinkles at Kroger, but they were out. He got red decorator sugar instead, which is fine, but Luke insisted he wanted green sugar on his. So, here they are, our Valentine's Day cupcakes with red or green decorator sugar! (The things we do for our children! LOL)



And apparently, while at Kroger, a couple of other things jumped into the basket. Luke asked if he could have one, and they were very inexpensive, so DH also got me one, though he let Luke pick it out. Luke chose the dog for me and the tiger for himself. The tiger's name is Love, since he's holding a heart. Awww! I also received a small bag of chocolate covered pretzels, one of my favorite treats. All in all, things actually turned out much better and more special than I anticipated, even if it was inexpensive. It really is the thought that counts!



Happy Valentine's Day!

Currently feeling: loved

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!