- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random Things About Me:
- I'm such a boring person, I'm not sure I can think of 11 random things that anyone cares to read about! LOL
- My favorite form of music is probably movie scores. John Williams is my favorite composer, but I also really like Jerry Goldsmith, Hans Zimmer, Michael Kamen, James Horner, Alan Silvestri, John Barry, James Newton Howard, and Randy Newman. Sometimes I can identify the composer of a score just by listening.
- I am also quite good at identifying people only by voice. I love watching animated films and trying to guess who is speaking.
- Despite having lived in The South my entire life, I do not care for country music at all.
- I played flute and piccolo in high school.
- I was invited to audition for a professional handbell group, but I turned them down since I was about to get married and I didn't want to do all that traveling.
- At one point during my childhood, my hair was long enough for me to sit on.
- Until age 9, my hair was all one length and had never been cut (other than to trim off the tangly baby hair from the ends).
- I still use my very first original email account that I've had since I was 18 or 19.
- I am a chronic list maker, though it does not fit at all with my Myers-Briggs personality type. Proof some "personality traits" can be learned!
- I am a very messy person. This seems to really surprise people. Everyone always seemed surprised that my work desk was a wreck; they just assumed I was a neat freak. I have no idea why!
My Answers to the 11 questions from Melissa:
- What’s the most memorable vacation you’ve ever taken? Probably our most recent trip to Boston with my family. We had a great time and did all sorts of fun stuff. Luke is still asking when we're going to go back. (Need to finish the blog write up on it before I forget more about it than I already have!)
- What’s your dream vacation? Which dream do you mean? I have several! LOL Place I've always wanted to go: Vatican City. Ideal form of a true "vacation" (vs "trip" like we usually take where we need a vacation when we get back): some place cool (not cold!) and calm and quiet, which likely means going without the child.
- What’s your favorite childhood memory? There are several, so it's hard to pick. I still remember our trip to Washington DC, though.
- What’s something you’re good at doing? Excellent question! Um, I'll get back to you. No, seriously, um... this is going to sound strange, but I am *really* good at untangling knotted necklaces.
- What’s your favorite hobby? My favorite general hobby is watching movies. Doesn't sound like a hobby to some people, I know, but I genuinely *love* movies and will watch them as often as I can, new ones and old favorites alike. In terms of crafty hobbies, I'd have to go with temari, even though you wouldn't know it from my lack of output. I find them so beautiful and fascinating, and they're really fun to stitch.
- Do you read recipe/cooking websites or blogs? If so, what’s your favorite? Yes, and I have a few too many favorites. For creativity and beautiful photography, I'd have to go with SmittenKitchen. Even if I wouldn't make a lot of her food (her tastes and mine are quite different), it is still a fascinating read, and the few things I have made were excellent. I've been following her blog since before her son was born, and he's about 2 and a half now. For posting lots of recipes that are right up my alley (quick and simple) and that I might actually try (and I have tried several), it's probably PlainChicken, which I discovered through Pinterest.
- Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it? I wrote down this quote probably 20 years ago, but I wasn't smart enough to record who said/wrote it. I still love it, though. "We live in a universe, not a multiverse. Among other things, this means that science, engineering, the search for justice, the search for beauty, and the search for holiness are interrelated."
- Are you afraid of anything? If so, what? Specifically, any sort of harm coming to my son. Just the thought of it terrifies me. I don't walk around all the time crippled by fear, but every time the phone rings and it's the school, my heart jumps up in my throat.
- What book are you currently reading? Um, uh, er... I'm supposed to be reading, too? LOL I do actually have a book on the go. It's easy to pick up and put down, perfect for the rash of doctor appointments I've had lately. It's called A Mystery of Errors, by Simon Hawke. It is a fanciful imagining of the early life of Shakespeare (before he's a famous playwright), where he and a compatriot become involved in a local mystery. I picked it up from the bargain table several years ago. It's quite cute, very light, and quite a bit of fun. I'm about 1/3 through it so far.
- What are you most grateful for? That I generally lead a very high quality and contented life. Even my stressful times (so far, knock wood) have been minor compared to what many people go through. Much of that happy and stable life comes from the world's most amazing husband, and my awesome parents and brother. I would truly be lost without them.
- What can make you happy when you’re feeling blue? Hearing my son laughing. I can't not smile when he's that happy. It's such a great sound!
The Eleven Bloggers I’m Tagging:
- Joy at A Joyus Place
- Heather at It's Geek to Me
- Fiona at Leaves From My Notebook
- Christine at Mtrl Girl's Material World
- Shalini at Shalini's Blog
- Leah at The Finn Family
- Christine at Coffee Cup Thoughts
- Measi at Measi's Musings
- Belinda at View from an Alternate Dementia
- Stasha at Just So You Know
My Eleven Questions for the Bloggers I’ve Tagged:
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is the first movie you remember seeing at the movie theater?
- Is there a type of movie or an actor/director that you refuse to watch?
- What craft or hobby would you try if money and time were no obstacle?
- Name your favorite kitchen tool.
- What is your favorite type of trip/vacation? Active (like hiking), museums/history, beach, mountains, theme park, etc.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Would you ever seriously consider living abroad? If the answer is no because you now have a family, do you think you would have considered it when you were "young and single"?
- If you could choose any profession other than your current one, what would it be?
- What is the hardest thing you've ever done?
- When is the last time you felt really free (whatever that means to you)?
I hope you’ll all participate! Please be sure to leave me a comment to let me know if you played along so I can check out your responses. :-)
Currently feeling: that was harder than I thought!