Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Love You, Mom!

I know it's not Mother's Day yet, but I've been sharply reminded this week to be thankful for what I have, especially my mom. Two of my friends lost their moms in the past week. One was a girl I knew in high school. We were never very close, but my heart still aches for her; she has been completely devastated (I can only imagine, and hope I only have to imagine for a very long time).

The other person, though, is the director of the KinderCare that Luke attended for all those years. She and I have become quite close in the last 5 years, talking for hours about everything under the sun. Her mom had a stroke several weeks ago, but she had a massive heart attach a few days ago and died almost immediately. S is beyond shattered. She, her mom, and her sister have always been extremely close, and I cannot imagine her pain right now. I hate that I haven't seen her in a few weeks, since Luke stopped going. I was going to pop in next week to see her and to check on the summer camp program they run. I'll wait a couple of weeks now until she might be back so I can see her.

It also reminds me of another friend of mine I've known since high school. Her mom no longer knows who she is. Though she is still living, it must be terribly painful to visit with your mother and it be like visiting with a stranger. Her father died suddenly several years ago, so she has effectively lost both parents. She's kept her mom's illness somewhat quiet, so I won't share her name here. My heart breaks for her, for all of them.

So, go hug your mom, if she's still here and part of your life. Do it now, because you never know.

Currently feeling: remembering to be grateful; love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!