Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 2012 Pinterest Inspirations

Got quite a few more pins tried this month. Nothing was an amazing standout, but nothing was bad either. Remember, all of these photos are from the source of the pin. They are not my pictures of the results of my efforts. (Would y'all prefer that? To see my photos (when I have them) of how the pin turned out for me? Rather than the photo that "goes with the pin"? Let me know.)



Creamy Garlic Pasta - This was good. It is difficult to get the cheese to melt, and the garlic flavor was not as intense as I expected (could probably be fixed by adding more). It also wasn't as smooth as I would have liked. It was good, just not exactly what I was after.


Source: krokotak.com via Erin on Pinterest


A cute handprint card idea for Mother's Day - We made these for Mother's Day this year, and they turned out great! We glued the handprint shape inside a folded piece of paper to make a full flat card. All the moms in question absolutely loved them!




Buttermilk Roast Chicken - I did this with boneless skinless chicken breasts, baked at 375 for about 25 minutes, and they were very good. Nothing fancy, just excellent "plain" chicken that didn't taste plain and boring at all. I'm sure it is better with bone-in chicken.




Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken that does *not* use bottled teriyaki sauce! (Crock Pot / Slow Cooker) - This was quite good. DH really liked it. I don't know why I'm amazed that the sauce came out exactly the consistency that I think teriyaki sauce to be. Guess I'm just surprised that non-bottled sauce could be such a great texture.




Zucchini Parmesan Crisps - Other than needing 3-4 times the amount of cheese and crumbs, and nothing actually stuck to the zucchini (we made a pile of crumbs, put the zucchini on top, then pressed more on top), they tasted really good! Definitely eat while hot, almost as soon as they come out.




Butter Dip Biscuits - These were really good. Might back down 1 tsp on the sugar (possibly leave it out altogether), and definitely bake them in a larger pan! We made a mess using just a 8x8; recommend 9x13.




Sloppy Cornbread Muffins - I used my own cornbread and sloppy joe recipes, but I wouldn't have thought to do this with it without this pin. It was just okay, though, not really great.


So, not really any new meals to add to the rotation, but no complete failures either. I should have a bunch of new ones for June, so stay tuned!

Currently feeling: pinned

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!