Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Quite a range

When I had my storybook shower at the beginning of this month, we posted two contests for the attendees. One was "guess the birthday" (using birth time as a tie break, should two people pick the same date). The second was "guess the weight" (using length as the tie break). We got quite a range of answers! I guess that's good. It means not too many people will be all bunched up, so there shouldn't be any close calls. The dates range from 9/23 (two weeks early) to 10/15 (8 days late). Times from 2 AM to 11:23 PM. Weights from 6 lbs. 5 oz. to 8 lbs. 8 oz. (Thank goodness no one thinks I'll be giving birth to a behemoth.) Lengths from 17 3/4 inches to 20 inces even. Should be an interesting contest!

The funny thing is going to be seeing how well my father does at the birthday game. He decided to take the "scientific approach." He looked up the moon tables on his palm and chose the date of the full moon closest to my due date. LOL So he guessed October 13. Given the sheer number of engineers we had there (these were most of my college (Georgia Tech) friends), I'm surprised he was the first person to think of it. Let's see how accurate science is, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!