Friday, September 28, 2007

The Maytags have landed

Washer and dryer were delivered at 8:15 AM this morning (no, I'm not kidding!). Already washed and dried two loads of clothes! LOL It is possible I am imagining things, but my jeans sure do seem cleaner than the old washer got them. Now we just need to get accustomed to a dramatically more efficient dryer and re-adjust our thinking on how long things take to dry. It will take some experimenting, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

I'm not up for much else today. How about a meme? I bookmarked this on Stasha's blog ages ago, but I'm just now getting to it.

1.) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.

Now what? LOL I had to go all the way into the living room to find one, sheesh! The computer area is the denizen of DH; books are scarce. The only other book was one of Luke's, and it didn't have 18 pages in it to start with. I suppose I should type it here, yes? "dueling rather than through reasoned discussion. However" From Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

2.) Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What can you reach?

Well, the book right now. Before I brought that in here, it would have been the neon green chair (one of a pair) I inherited from my grandmother. In the chair is a LEGO catalog and an empty Office Depot bag (formerly containing the replacement black ink cartridge for the printer).

3.) What is the last thing you watched on TV?

Weatherscan. Not sure that counts, though. The last thing we watched on "live" television (i.e. not recorded on the DVR) was CSI:NY. The last thing I watched from the DVR was Blue's Clues this morning with Luke before school. (Last "real" thing we watched from the DVR was CSI from last night.)

4.) Without looking guess what time it is?

3 PM

5.) Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?

3:03 PM. Need to wake up DH from his nap. Oh, and pack!

6.) With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

The air conditioner. That's really all. DH and all cats are asleep, and the neighborhood is pretty quiet at present. No dogs or trains or anything! LOL

7.) When did you last step outside? What were you doing?

About an hour ago to finish a cell conversation with my best friend.

8.) Before you started this survey, what did you look at?

Bloglines

9.) What are you wearing?

Jeans, embroidered t-shirt, sneakers.

10.) Did you dream last night?

Seems like I did, but I don't recall what about right now.

11.) When did you last laugh?

While on the phone with my best friend.

12.) What are on the walls you are in?

Cobwebs! And I do mean real ones, not the fake ones for Halloween. I have a whole stack of art prints sitting right here, leaning against the wall (does that count? LOL), but I've never gotten around to hanging them. Two Disney Villains Maleficent drawings, a watercolor painting of the St. Simons Island lighthouse, a Walt Disney World lithograph, matching sun and moon prints, and a print of Norman Rockwell's painting of the three umpires.

13.) Seen anything weird lately?

Nothing especially comes to mind.

14.) What do you think of this quiz?

I think it is refreshingly different from most.

15.) What was the last film you saw?

At home: The Queen. At the theater? Um, Transformers? I think that was the last thing we saw. We're so sad!! I miss the movies!

16.) If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?

Does repayment of our student loans count? We're almost done with those as it is. Should be finished, if not by the end of this year, then early next year. After that, a house, then a car.

17.) Tell me something about you that I don't know?

I'm so boring, I can't think of anything right now.

18.) If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt and politics, what would it be?

Stop the hate.

19.) Do you like to dance?

In my car, by myself, sometimes, maybe a little. Otherwise? No. I feel like I look way too stupid.

20.) George Bush

Is this a question? You know I don't do politics.

21.) Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?

DH wanted Alyssa. I'm okay with that, but would prefer other things. Like Brenna, or Lydia. DH hated both of those. Guess it's a good thing we had a boy!

22.) Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?

Well, we did call him Luke. If we had another one? Han! Or Chewie. (I'm kidding! I genuinely have no idea. Luke is the only name we came up with last time that we both liked. Guess we're done having kids then!)

23.) Would you ever consider living abroad?
No, not really.

24.) What do you want God to say when you reach the pearly gates?

Your family can't wait to see you!

Currently feeling: rinsed and spun, and dried!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!