Friday, February 29, 2008

February 2008 Round Up


Blinkie by: Brandy's Blinkies


Monthly Round Up idea borrowed from Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

I didn't do very well at taking notes this month, and I feel like I have forgotten everything that happened! This may be my most pathetic round-up ever.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
mumble, mumble, mumble..... ::sigh::

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
We did *finally* see National Treasure: Book of Secrets. Disappointing overall, I thought. TV was just the usual stuff.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Um, uh.... DH and I traded cards for Valentine's Day, and he got me a very cute stuffed dog and some chocolate. Better than what I got him, which was nothing.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Melissa and Ursula were kind enough to send me one of the "cast member only" pins they received while at Disney in February. It may be the only one I have, since I am more of a collector than a trader. I mostly only have pins that I have bought myself at the parks, and this was a pin you can only get by trading with a cast member. That was so sweet of them!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I think we were all sick this month! DH brought home some kind of 7-day flu bug that knocked out both him and me; Luke seemed unphased. Then I came down with bronchitis, an ear infection, and a sinus infection, all at the same time. By the time the end of the month rolled around, DH was coughing his head off and Luke was starting (though he never got as bad as DH or me). But Luke's ear tubes were deemed perfectly fine at his ENT appointment, so that was good.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Seems like my parents came for a visit. It is so hard to remember! Other than that, things were pretty quiet (considering we spent the better part of the month rather ill and going to bed around 9 PM).

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Seems like there was some new place in here, but I can't remember where for anything.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Lots of (legal prescription) drugs.

What were this month's disappointments?
Just being so very sick for so long. I lost almost a week at work. Not good considering I will (did) miss 3 days at the beginning of March and a whole week for the beginning of April. And I didn't take a *single* photo of my son this month.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I do feel like I am finally starting to get just a teensy bit better at work. I don't feel completely and totally lost now, just mostly.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?
Not sure this really counts as an accomplishment: he got demoted at school from the 3-year-old room back to the 2-year-old room because of the potty training thing. They had some kind of surprise state inspection, and they got sited for having a non-potty trained kid in the 3-year-old room, so he is back in the Twos. That's less than two weeks after they officially promoted him. I understand why they did it, and I don't blame them, but I am so not happy right now.

As far as real accomplishments go, he has finally learned to draw something recognizable. It's just a "robot" (read: circle with two eyes and long stick legs), but he is consistent about it. It is nice to see after all this time of just scribbles.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Nothing in particular comes to mind. Sorry this was so crummy. I'll try to do better for March.

Currently feeling: tired and slack

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!