Monday, May 03, 2010

Unbirthday: A Conversation With Luke

Apparently "just because" is never a good enough reason! Upon coming home from school Monday:

Luke: Are those cupcakes?
Me: Yes.
Luke: Are they for me?
Me: Well, they're for everybody.
Luke: Is it my birthday?
Me: No, it's not your birthday! You know that.
Luke: Then whose birthday is it?
Me: No one, I just wanted to make cupcakes.
Luke: Are we having a party?
Me: No, I just thought you'd like them.
Luke: But it's not my birthday.
Me: I know! I just wanted to make some.
Luke: But why?
et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.....

(BTW, they were my first cake recipe ever made from scratch!)

Currently feeling: baffled

1 comment:

  1. How about "it's Cinco de Mayo" and give him a little history lesson? :)

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!