Saturday, November 05, 2011

Nerdcore and The Browncoat's Mix Tape

I learned a new geek term today: Nerdcore. According to UrbanDictionary.com:
Nerdcore: Any form of music that is made by nerds, for nerds, or about nerdly things. Nerdcore can be made in any style of music, but most people identify it in either its pop-punk or hip-hop forms. Although many people think the term "nerdcore" was made up by MC Frontalot, it has in fact been in use by rock bands for many years prior to Frontalot's use of the term. Nerdcore should not be confused with bands that are simply stereotypically popular with nerds such as They Might Be Giants, DEVO, Ween, etc.
So why has this bit of nerd culture recently come to my attention? Because of a link posted by Nathan Fillion on Twitter. Go ahead and read the article; I'll wait!

The article is discussing The Browncoats Mix Tape by Adam WarRock. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that is rap about Firefly (the Joss Whedon show, as if there were any doubt among most of my readers). Allow me to present a taste:



I've only listened to a couple of songs so far, but I have to admit, I am completely amazed. Who knew such a thing existed?! I feel like I've upped my geek quotient by a few more points today.

Currently feeling: nerdy

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!