Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Still employed

I don't think I've talked much about the most recent downsizing rumors here at work. We found out through the grapevine on Friday that packages would most likely be handed out today. Given that our grapevine tends to be about 85-90% accurate (pretty reliable, IMO), that did not bode well. Normally, they announce that one is coming a few weeks ahead of time. Not this one. My boss called me into a conference room, and commented that even he didn't know, beyond the rumors, that packages were coming out today. Turns out no one in my immediate group is affected. No word about the rest of my district (lots of people I work very closely with) or my division (a little higher up, but we're all frequently on cross-district teams together). I'll keep you posted as news starts trickling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!