Wednesday, January 21, 2004

You learn something new every day

I have always loved this statement, because it's so true. For a while now, I have been trying to consciously mark when I learn something new each day. It just makes me smile to know that, even though I'm no longer "in school," I'm still learning. (Yes, I was one of those ubergeeks who loved school, and I miss the structured learning environment sometimes.) So, going forward, I am going to try and post my "learned something new" every day. I'm thinking of doing "Seven Things I Am Thankful For" as well (if not daily then weekly), which I picked up from another blog. We'll see.

So, Erin's "learned something new" for January 21, 2004: A group of geese on the ground is called a gaggle of geese (this I knew already). A group of geese up in the air is a skein of geese. I had no clue there would be different names for them on the ground an in the air, did you? Thanks to Shannon (nacl4y) from TWBB for today's new piece of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!