Thursday, August 10, 2006

You did *not* just say that

I was just reading this article, discussing the current research being done into making a "hijack-proof plane." Uh-huh. It discusses all kinds of things, some of which I like, and some of which I don't, but that is not the point of this post. I was simply *floored* by one particular comment. I can't believe anyone could actually say this with a straight face:
"We have to show it's not Big Brother watching you, it's Big Brother looking after you," Ferryman said.
You have got to be kidding me! I mean, I appreciate what he was trying to say, but that was SO not the way to say it.

Currently feeling: speechless (well, almost)

1 comment:

  1. I've never understood the mentality that the government should look after grown people, but then lots of people subscribe to that belief system.

    BTW, Good luck with the job situation! Hope it pans out to be just what you are looking for. :)

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!