Thursday, September 28, 2006

Tagged by Krista

I'm not sure I even have 7 readers still, but I'll post this anyway, *just* because Krista tagged me.

Here are the rules:
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether or not they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.


Do you know how long it has been since I listened to music? Ages. I mean, I have the radio on in the car (talk radio in the mornings, though), but I'm not really *listening,* ya know? I used to have a CD or something on constantly, and I used to buy CDs (especially movie scores) regularly. I don't even remember the last CD I bought, or listened to for that matter. Probably either Closer by Josh Groban or Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi (how's that for a pair? LOL) when we drove back home Labor Day weekend. I'm so sad! And I really miss it; didn't really realize how much until just now. I'll try to turn on the radio or a CD or something the next time I'm just crunching data. Anyway....

Because of this, I'm taking a slightly different approach. These are the songs that have been earworms for me for the last couple of weeks, not in a bad way, just pleasantly keeping me company in my head. Style wise, they're pretty much all over the map, which is a fair mirror of my taste in general. (The only primary genre of mine that is missing is 80s/hair bands.) My selections, in no particular order:

* "Remember When It Rained" by Josh Groban
* "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something
* "Don't Let Your Heart" (from Do It A Cappella) by the Mint Juleps
* "Barbarian Horde" (from Gladiator) by Hans Zimmer
* "Kiss the Girl" (from The Little Mermaid) by Alan Menkin and Howard Ashman
* "The Goodbye Song" from Bear in the Big Blue House
* "Reflections of Passion" by Yanni

Who to tag? Um, I'm trying to think of folks I know still read my blog who might play along. Let's try these folks: Annette, Shalini, Melanie (the one from down under), Valerie, Ginny, Kelli (who I know does not read here often, but I might catch her), and Jacob (you can leave them in the comments, or gee, post them on your own blog!!) Now none of those people will read anymore! LOL Anyone who wants to play, feel free.

Currently feeling: musical (though presently music-less might be more accurate)

6 comments:

  1. Very fun! :) I love reading what everyone is listening to and loving. Because of my job, it's informational for work in addition to just being darned fun, you know? Plus I find it interesting how much so many people's tastes really ARE all over the place. What's really funny is that I was singing that Breakfast at Tiffany's song in my head a week or two ago for a few days. How random is that that you mentioned it too since it was out a while ago. Too funny. Ok, what are we both doing up at this hour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do TOO read your blog often! Oddly enough I too had "Breakfast at Tiffany's" in my head the other day, because the Tiffany building is right across Union Square from Macy's where we were eating Sunday night.
    7 Songs I am into right now...not particularly cutting edge...
    "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie
    "Steady as She Goes" by the Raconteurs
    "Loosen Up My Buttons" by the Pussycat Dolls (I had never heard this until we danced to it the other week in hip hop class, now it's stuck in my head)
    "Cinnamon" by The Long Winters
    "Joker and the Thief" by Wolfmother
    "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service
    "Great Barrier Reef" by Old 97s

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been tagged!!! It's in my blog :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy! I made the loyal readers club ;) I will post it on my blog, though my selections will not make sense to anyone else - all Hindi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee Hee. My listening selection at the moment is totally embarrassing. I'll work on this later :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm, these ARE embarassing, I promise I have better taste than this, but I listen to songs in the car in traffic that make me want to dance, that make me smile, or that just get me into the song, so these are the songs on repeat in my car right now:

    "Want To" by Sugarland

    "Fergielicious" by Fergie

    "Don't Bother" by Shakira

    "La Tortura" by Shakira

    "Break it Off" by Sean Paul and Rihanna

    "Who Knew?" by Pink

    "Helena" By My Chemical Romance

    :)

    --Uncle Jacob

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!