Thursday, January 31, 2008

January 2008 Round Up


Blinkie by: Brandy's Blinkies


Monthly Round Up idea borrowed from Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
I tried, I really did, I just never quite managed it more than a few pages (20-30) of any given book that I picked up. Parenting magazine is about all I got to.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Oh, well, at least I did a lot better here! Watched five new movies: Bobby (okay), Ghost Rider (very disappointing), Fantastic 4 (good, better than I thought it would be), The Prestige (good, but not sure I liked it), and the director's cut of Legend (very interesting compared to the theatrical). Television wise, we picked up The Sarah Connor Chronicles (shows promise). And the new season of Mythbusters started, which has been way fun!

What special days did I celebrate and how?
I don't recall any in particular, actually.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Very belated Chirstmas gifts were finally mailed, and we gave baby gifts to BIL and SIL for their impending bundle of joy. Have a few more things that need to get in the mail, though.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
We actually did very well this month! Luke had a few sniffles and a bit of a cough, and that's it. That could well turn into an ear infection for February, but it doesn't count for this month.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
We went to visit BIL and SIL in North Carolina, and we had a great visit. They took us to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences while we were there, which was very nice. We also introduced Luke to the Wii, but it is a little complicated for him right now. It might be we just haven't found the right game for him yet, so we'll keep looking.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
I had Creme Brulle for the first time at The Capital Grille here in Atlanta. Also tried Jason's Deli, which has been open for several years now, but I'd just never been there. I haven't had anything spectacular there yet (I've been twice now), but it has a nice wide variety of things, so I'm sure we'll be back to sample some other items. I also "invented" a recipe: Pizzadillas.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Not sure Disney hotel and spring training tickets count as unusual for us anymore, but they are still special. Some sweaters for Luke, which is definitely unusual!

What were this month's disappointments?
I missed seeing my friend Leah while we were in North Carolina, and it was all my fault. I still feel bad about it, especially since I haven't managed to get the gift that I was supposed to be able to hand to her in the mail yet.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Actually started doing really for real work. My ear is very tired from all of the conference calls. I have 10 (yes, ten!) standing calls every single week (1 Monday, 5 Tuesday, 1 Wednesday, 3 Thursday), not to mention any special "single calls" that are booked during the week for whatever particular issue needs to be addressed at that moment. I still don't feel like I am contributing very much, though, and I hate that.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?
He survived the loss of his beloved stuffed Puppy, though I think some of the going to bed (and staying in bed) problems we've had lately are due to missing said Puppy. His speech therapist thinks he is doing really well and has started making comments that he may be ready to be discharged soon. We'll have to end in April regardless (insurance won't cover any more sessions for 2 years after that, and we can't afford the $250 per session), so I guess it is good that she thinks he'll be ready by then, if not before.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
It snowed! Enough for Luke to run around it it, but not much more than that (thankfully; this city is a nightmare in winter weather).

Currently feeling: written

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!